Re: MGB cooling fans

To: sanders@hydra.unm.edu
Subject: Re: MGB cooling fans
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 16:16:00 CDT
sanders@hydra.unm.edu writes:

   > Now that summer is starting to cook here in NM I need to get more serious
   > about cooling my MGBs. Both are okay at speed but overheat in traffic -

John,

This does not answer your questions about fan size, etc.. but you may find
it to be helpful:

I have gone the electric fan route and did not find it to help all that
much (this on a Spitfire).  What did help, tremendously, was an oil cooler.
An oil cooler also worked wonders on a TR4A I used to have.  If the fan
doesn't get you running cooler, think seriously about installing an oil
cooler.

Good luck,
Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu