Re. MGB Cooling Fans

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re. MGB Cooling Fans
From: rcg%delphi.dseg.ti.com@delphi.dseg.ti.com (bob gibbons)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 94 10:38:23 CDT
From: sanders@hydra.unm.edu
> Now that summer is starting to cook here in NM I need to get more serious
> about cooling my MGBs. Both are okay at speed but overheat in traffic -
> which moves all too slowly from the constant (and regionally infamous) road
> construction and the street lights being seemingly programmed for
> obstruction.

My '64 MGB was always marginal on cooling in New England and Ohio. When
I moved to Texas 24 years ago I knew I would have to do something
different. I ended up putting in a 6 bladed flex fan in place of the
original 3 bladed steel fan. It made a remarkable improvement, I have
had no incidence of overheating since, even in our 100+ Dallas summers.
BTW, I do have an oil cooler in this 'B.

Bob

----
Bob Gibbons                             Texas Instruments
Internet: Bob.Gibbons@dseg.ti.com       Dallas, TX