Austin Healey Paint

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Austin Healey Paint
From: okane@cscns.com (Olin Kane)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 16:19:15 -0600 (MDT)
I am restoring an Austin-Healey and want to paint it Primrose Yellow, an
original A-H color. I visited one of two local auto paint stores today. They
sell PPG auto paints. All I had was a picture of an A-H painted Primrose
Yellow. They were unable to find A-H Primrose Yellow in their
catalogs. They did list a bunch of British car colors but they were all for
cars of more recent vintage. I found a Vauxhall color, Kashmire Yellow, that
looks real similar to Primrose Yellow. Even though there was a paint chip for
Kashmire their source didn't have a PPG formulation for it. There is another
store here that sells Dupont auto paints but I haven't visited them yet.

Does anyone know who I might contact that would know either the PPG or Dupont
formulations for Primrose Yellow (or Kashmire Yellow for that matter)?

Thanks.

--
Olin Kane
Albuquerque