RFC: Top 10 Lucas Punchlines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RFC: Top 10 Lucas Punchlines
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 94 16:36:17 MDT
Cindy and I are working a checkpoint for the MGCC 42nd Annual Rallye
Glenwood Springs this weekend.  Something on the list got us thinking
and we decided it might be cool to wear a T-shirt wirth the top 10
Lucas punchlines on it.  We only came up with 8.  Can anybody come up
with some obvious ones we missed, or improve on some of ours?
Presented in no particular order:

TOP 10 Lucas Punchlines

10. They all own Lucas refrigerators
 9. Off, Dim, and Flicker
 8. Lucas, Prince of darkness
 7. Three breaks for Tea and home before dark
 6. That can't be it... England is damp (anybody remember the reference?)
 5. Inventor of the intermittant windshield wiper
 4. No, not a LUCAS pacemaker!
 3. Pioneer of the total loss ignition system
 2. ?
 1. ?

    Jay Nemeth-Johannes                       87 Merkur XR4ti
    Hewlett-Packard                           83 VW GTI
    VXI Systems Division                      71 Saab Sonett
    Loveland, Colorado                        58 MG ZB Magnette