Re: RFC: Top 10 Lucas Punchlines

To: jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RFC: Top 10 Lucas Punchlines
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 94 16:55:12 -0700
In message <5773.771028577@hpislj> Jay Nemeth-Johannes writes:

> Cindy and I are working a checkpoint for the MGCC 42nd Annual Rallye
> Glenwood Springs this weekend.  Something on the list got us thinking
> and we decided it might be cool to wear a T-shirt wirth the top 10
> Lucas punchlines on it.  We only came up with 8.  Can anybody come up
> with some obvious ones we missed, or improve on some of ours?
> Presented in no particular order:
>
> TOP 10 Lucas Punchlines
>
> 10. They all own Lucas refrigerators
>  9. Off, Dim, and Flicker
>  8. Lucas, Prince of darkness
>  7. Three breaks for Tea and home before dark
>  6. That can't be it... England is damp (anybody remember the reference?)
>  5. Inventor of the intermittant windshield wiper
>  4. No, not a LUCAS pacemaker!
>  3. Pioneer of the total loss ignition system
>  2. ?
>  1. ?
>
>   ______________________________________________________________________
>
>     Jay Nemeth-Johannes                       87 Merkur XR4ti
>     Hewlett-Packard                           83 VW GTI
>     VXI Systems Division                      71 Saab Sonett
>     Loveland, Colorado                        58 MG ZB Magnette

They built a car antitheft device into every part

So the cars would appeal to people who like to tinker on them

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561