Re: Hot Feet

To: b-c
Subject: Re: Hot Feet
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 10:01:14 -0500

> Has anyone else had a problem dispersing heat thrown off their engine
> in a Triumph Spitfire?  I got my car out last weekend and noticed that
> most of my leg tunnel got pretty warm (it was hot here, but this
> seemed a bit much).  I thought about mounting some kind of heat
> blanket to the hood and firewall, but I am concerned whether I will be
> overheating the engine.  Does anyone have a material to recommend?  Or
> should I just make a stronger coolant mixture?

Hey, it's gonna get hot regardless of your coolant mixture. Us GT6 folks
are MORE than painfully aware of this "feature" of small-frame Triumphs.

The solution, thanks, Chris K., is to put mylarized bubble insulation under
your carpets down there. It's about 1/4" thick, will not hold water (to
rust your floorboards) and provides exellent insulation. Make sure your
tranny cover mates well with the firewall. I could not get my new fibreglass
cover to properly meet up with my firewall; I put expanding foam insulation
in there and it made a world of difference, along with the mylar insulation.

You won't regret it!

Larry