Re: hot feet

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: Re: hot feet
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 08:15:26 EDT
Marcus,

> > Has anyone else had a problem dispersing heat thrown off their engine
> > in a Triumph Spitfire?  I got my car out last weekend and noticed that
> > most of my leg tunnel got pretty warm (it was hot here, but this
> > seemed a bit much).  I thought about mounting some kind of heat
> > blanket to the hood and firewall, but I am concerned whether I will be
> > overheating the engine.  Does anyone have a material to recommend?  Or
> > should I just make a stronger coolant mixture?

My gearbox tunnel cover got pretty hot on long trips before I rebuilt my
engine.  When I did so, I ripped off the cheap plastic-enveloped
blanked that was stapled to the underside of the fiber tunnel cover, coated
that with about 3/4" of that polyurethane foam-in-a-can one finds in home
stores, and glued a layer of aluminum foil on top of that.  My transmission
may be hotter, but the cockpit is cooler.

                Tim