Re: Hot MG9s

To: sfisher@megatest.com, sfisher@megatest.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot MG9s
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 94 09:41:16 -0700
In message <9406082115.AA04797@abingdon.sales> Scott Fisher writes:
 ~
> ~ Well, the little chrome MGA ovals might look cool and they might help
> ~ an MGB run cool, but might also confuse folks who read *MGA* on them.

Snip

The Factory race-ralley TR4s also had cut outs on the side behind the front
wheel arch.  The cars were light blue and the openings were covered with part of
a grill of  another English car.

> I'm still working on the little MGA ovals, though.  We could put
> in a row of three or four on each side, like either an early
> Ferrari or a '58 Oldsmobile.  Hey TeriAnn, you listening? :-)
>
> --Scott "Some people give up on real style so EASILY" Fisher

Yes, but it doesn't sound interesting to me.  I fixed my BGT's overheating
problem by installing a Triumph GT6 coolent recovery bottle.  The car gets a
little warm & shoves out coolent at a stop then sucks it back in on the move.
Used to be on really hot days in stop & go driving I would lose a little at long
stops at first & then with less collent, I would lose a little more at the next
stop & so on untill the car went into thermal runaway.  The 160 degree
thermostat helped a lot too.  It gave the cooling system more reserve before
pushing water into the overflow system.  Only problem is the heater doesn't.

 "Some people give up on real style so EASILY"

I'm trying very hard to maintain it on my stylish TR3, and to provide a bit to
the BGT.  Remember, I bought the BGT as a cheap long distance commute car, not
as a neat sports car.  I've tried to sell it for years and with no takers have
finally given up trying to sell it and am trying to make something a little
stylish out of it.  Probably best if you don't make it to the Portland All
British meet.  I'm taking almost all my style tips from the folks who brought
their BGT's there.  Sorry you think so poorly of what I'm doing to my BGT.  I'll
try not to bother you with it in the future.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561