Re: Safe Course Design

To: autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Safe Course Design
From: Trond.Vidar.Olsen@hrp.no (Trond Vidar Olsen)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 1994 10:06:35 +0200
Hi,

The discussion about rollovers and safe course design has been interesting.

But shouldn't the driver himself understand which manoeouvres are possible
and which are not? Isn't this a matter of knowing your cars (and your own)
limitations. If the courses are 'bullet proof' from 'driver fumble
accidents' wouldn't you just kill the competition by letting the one with
the most expensive/hottest equipment always have the edge?

Perhaps I've misunderstood some of the comments, but anyway I think if you
do not have difficult courses you could as well race circle track?

I would much rather race the complete Nurburgring than Daytona speedway.

cheers,
trond