Naming Cars and Land Rovers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Naming Cars and Land Rovers
From: "You may fire when ready, Gridley. 10-Jun-1994 1012" <yerazunis@guess.enet.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 07:19:23 PDT
My Land Rover (hey, it's got Lucas electrics, it qualifies as a british
car) has two names... a lover's name and a real name.

The lover's name is "the Antichrist".  All land rovers are antichrists.
(see the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" if you don't understand this).
It's gotta be a lover's name because of all the little "love bites" the
car gives me on my knuckles whenever I take a wrench to it.

I wasn't quite sure what the real name of the car was, till I was
doing a quick exterior cleaning and misfocused my eyes on the VIN...

        SALLY xxx XRAY 024...

HUH???  Am I hallucinating?  AGAIN???

No, just not quite focusing.  The real VIN is:

        SALJY124XRA024...

So, Sally Xray she is.  Or maybe just Sally X, for short.

        -Bill