Truffaut a Scion of Lucas?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Truffaut a Scion of Lucas?
From: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 9:33:36 -0700 (MST)
Well, after several SOLers mentioned that Truffaut's "Day For Night"
features a Vitesse convertible I had to go rent it.  I need as many
restoration hints as I can get.

What struck me immediately is how many LBCs are in the film.  Pretty
near all the cars featured with lingering shots are, with the exception
of Jackie Bisset's vintage M------s SL.   The first car in the film
is a red Spitfire, and everybody's driving Minis and MGs and things.

Hardly a Citroen or a Peugeot to be seen.  I think we should make
Francois an honorary SOLer.

BTW, the Vitesse is a 2L Mk I, BRG/Tan, very nice, right up until
the moment it swan-dives off a mountain road.  Shades of The Italian
Job...