Why didn't I buy the $35 100-6 ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Why didn't I buy the $35 100-6 ?
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 13:19:32 PDT
     Why didn't I buy the thirty-five dollar 100-6 ?

          Good question. It looked great, nice straight
     body, good paint and interior, steel wheels. The only
     bad things about it were that it didn't have a top and
     it didn't run. But for $35 those things don't matter.
     So why didn't I buy it ?
          Well, I guess it was because I didn't *need* it.
     But if any of you out there think that you do need it,
     here's where you can find it:

     D & J Hobby
     San Tomas Aquino Road
     Campbell, Calif.

          Oh, did I forget to tell you that it was a 1:24
     scale model ? Oops, sorry .... :-)

          I know it is way past April 1, but I couldn't
     resist. Actually, I really struggled with buying it
     even at $35 because it is *beautiful*. As was the
     XK120, miscellaneous Ferraris, Mercedes, etc. If the
     locals haven't been to D & J, check it out. Two aisles
     wide & two aisles long of car models, both assembled &
     unassembled. I wish I'd brought some paper to write
     down the LBCs, but off the top of my head, I recall
     Bugeye, Blower Bentley, Mini, A-H 100/6 (both
     unassembled & assembled), etc. Non-LBC was even more
     diverse, ranging from a Czech model of a Trabant (!),
     to a Viper Coupe. Daren says check it out.

          cheers-
                 daren