Re: Tuning Dual SUs

To: gavin@csis.dit.csiro.au (Gavin Walker) (Gavin Walker)
Subject: Re: Tuning Dual SUs
From: Steve Methley <sgm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 15:22:08 BST
I just read the note again and saw you have HIF type carbs:  the
mixture range adjustment on these carbs is really quite small -
nothing like the amount of adjustment you get on the bottom nut type
or even ZS's come to that.  It's really quite hard to make it idle
roughly with these carbs - unless your float level is unstable.

Also if you're running rich on one carb I don't favour the air leak
theory.

Check your fuel pressure anyway.  Clamp the fuel line as the engine is
running - it will run on what's in the carbs for quite a while.  This
may tell you something if needle valves are a problem..........

Best of luck, Steve.