TR3 Fuel Overflow advice needed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Fuel Overflow advice needed
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 10:27:57 PST
This past weekend our local Triumph club was out on a tour with the local
Gold Wing club.  The tour was the first time I've ventured this far from
home in the TR3 (about 340 miles round trip).  Just before we started I filled
up with fuel.  On the first hard left turn, I had fuel gushing out from under
the right side of the car.  This only happened on left turns (the guy on the
bike behind me wasn't too happy about this).  Anyway, what was happening was
fuel was dumping out the vent tube.  This happened until about 1/4 of the tank
of gas was gone.  This bring up the question I have...looking at the workshop
manual, it appears that it owuld be very easy for gas to go out the vent tube.
I can't imagine this is normal.  Is there any 'restristor' device in the tube?
Should the baffles in the tank stop the sloshing enough so this shouldn't
happen?  Other than this, the car ran great the entire trip.  Any advise is
appreciated.

Bruce_Harding@ccm.hf.intel.com
57 TR3
75 TR6