ABS retrofit article

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: ABS retrofit article
From: c340808@is6.mdc.com (Sharon Oblinger)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 12:24:31 PDT
 I forget who it was that asked, but someone was wondering if there
is an ABS conversion kit out there for our older cars. In the June 1994
"Your Classic"  magazine on page 8 is an article on retrofitting a
Brakesafe ABS unit to a Rover 2000. Brakesafe is an American made mechanical
system designed for retrofitting.
 BTW I've been in a constant LURK mode lately because of work concerns,
but Mrs. Tiggywinkle ('62 Triumph Vitesse) is officially in restoration
mode! Got a hold of a 2 litre GT6 engine with very little miles on it, a
type D overdrive transmission and a beefier diff to make this car a daily
driver. The frame is stripped and in the process of being painted now.
I AM planning to work on this car somewhat but my husband is in charge of
engine work and the painting thus far. I AM going to do the suspension and
interior though....no!! really!! I really enjoy the chat in this list...
keeps the restoration blues away.

 ***->> Sharon (and I have a PFAFF too!) Oblinger <<-***
      c340808@is6.mdc.com