Re: Brazin' Over-tures & Solenoids

To: Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Brazin' Over-tures & Solenoids
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@IO.ORG>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 12:53:22 -0400
On Mon, 13 Jun 1994, Roger Garnett wrote:

> > days I keep in, turn the key and get nothing. Try the headlights... xero.
> > So, I get out, tap the solenoid (on the fire wall on the Spit) and away
> > she goes.
>
> If you get no headlights, you've got a bad battery or engine ground, or the
> hot from the soloniod, etc....
>
> Roger

Yup, you and Randy "not Taylor, that's where he is" guessed it. So did I,
about 11:00 on Saturday. What a dummy ! It suddenly hit me and I went out
to the garage to check that thick brown line off the solenoid.

Sure enough, just the act of installing the  new solenoid had cracked the
old connector at the crimp. Hitting the solenoid was just lucking me into
a connection I guess.

Never assume ! Consider everything !

Now, when I got no headlights I should have twigged. I am ashamed.
We need a SOL equivalent to Hail Marys for people like me.

Thanks for your time guys. When  I get back from Vancouver I'll catch up
everyone.

L8TR,
Chris