Thoughts on TVR/Lotus

To: lotus-cars@netcom.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Thoughts on TVR/Lotus
From: Jeff Maurer <jdm@sequent.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 09:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
What the heck is it?
====================

Over the weekend I spotted a car I couldn't identify.  It's clearly a
TVR, although it has Lotus badges (as well as the "Handling by Lotus"
badge).  Looks faintly like a Lancia Zagato crossed with the nose of
an Esprit.  Has a removable T-top, and a soft top at the rear (hence
the Lancia reference).  A friend speculated that it's a TVR 280M.

They're asking $11,900.  Looked to be pretty straight although it's
been repainted.  The sales trolls were clearly clueless: "When you say
'Lotus badges' what exactly do you mean??"

BTW it was in Kalispell, MT of all places.  Drove by it twice before we
decided we _had_ to take a look...

            _
            /        Jeff Maurer, Staff Analyst
     _  ___/ _ __   Manufacturing & Engineering Apps
     / /  / / / /  Sequent Computer Systems, Inc.
    / /__/_/   /  Internet: jdm@sequent.com  Uucp: ...!uunet!sequent!jdm
 __/             (503) 578-5062

"The more things stay the same, the less they change."
Spinal Tap