Re: new tire subject

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new tire subject
From: "Jesse W. Hartley" <HARTLEY_JESSE_W@Lilly.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 11:56:55 +0000 (GMT)
I have BFG 230's (road race) on my Lotus Europa TC and have found them to be a
very good street tire for this car. I haven't found the stiffness a detriment
at
all.

Wear on last years tire was not what I would like, as the wider tire seems to
be
very sensitive to excessive toe. I had a set of last years R1s and the rear
wore
out after a few 1000 mi. The rear toe on the car was excessive ( 0.25" ) and I
have since corrected it. The front tires did not show excessive wear. The older
tires were very darty on the road - following any groove in the road. The new
series is a joy to drive, no nibbling or darting.

Just an opinion - Jess Hartley