Re: British Cars Digest #1256 Tue Jun 14 01:15:02 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1256 Tue Jun 14 01:15:02 MDT 1994
From: reavesj@nise-ch.nosc.mil (jim reaves)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 08:15:46 -0400
>Date:         Mon, 13 Jun 94 14:50:58 PDT
>From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
>Subject:      Spitfire Hoods
>
>Concerning badging on Spitfire MkIII hoods....
>  The 1970 model had a red and green circular badge, with the printing
>Spitfire  thru the middle.  It's cloisonne and mounts just on the driver's
>side of the front and center of the hood.  It's a one year only badge, and
>is somewhat ugly.  The letters T-R-I-U-M-P-H of the '69 are much more
>appealing IMO.
>
>  I hope this helps.

Mind Greg,  the badge is red and blue and when it isn't faded is actually
quite pretty.  I have photos of it and its location on the bonnet that I
will post as soon as I figure out how to encode them.

Also for those folks needing info on the '70 Spitfire, Vitesse, etc. I
bought the loose leaf factory shop manual in 1970 when I bought the car and
will be glad to look up and share info from it.

Jim Reaves
79 XJ6L (daily)
70 MKIII SPITFIRE (Original car, Original owner)

reavesj@nosc.mil
803-745-4724