Back to naming cars again....

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back to naming cars again....
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 12:05:02 EST
 Scott Fisher said *...when you open the door of my car, there's a
    little light that comes on! Amazing!...That's why it's white, it
    thinks it's a refrigerator....*
 Like Scott, in addition to LBCs, I own a couple of V*lv*s as well.
 Most notable among them is a white 1967 144. In addition to the door/
 light thing, I noticed soon after purchasing the car that the grille
 bore a remarkable resemblance to the shelf of a refrigerator...
 which then got me to thinking about the old refrigerator that used to
 sit in my grandfather's camp.

 Within seconds, the 144's name spoke itself to me:

 THE NORGE.

 A few others:

 1964 Herald conv.: Old Weird Herald (after a Bill Cosby routine)
 1968 V*lv* 145 (d): Swine of Steel (homage to Satch Carlson's
 Piggue of Plastique)
 Another 1964 Herald conv. (white) The Virgin, until its first crash,
 then...well, never mind
 1951 Ch*vr*;*t Coupe: Pegasus IV (car is a family heirloom; my great
 aunt had four black Ch*v**s in her lifetime. All four bore the name.
 Unfortunately I never found out how it started.)

 I could call my Triumph 10 Estate Wagon *Bo*, but frankly it reminds
 me much more of Dudley Moore!

 Andy Mace