The MGB-GT

To: b-c
Subject: The MGB-GT
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 12:19:49 -0500
All the singing of the praises of the MGBGT as a utility vehicle has caused
me to remember why, some 25 years ago, I chose the Triumph GT-6 as my
first car. While the BGT is eminently practical, the 18-year-old in me
wasn't real interested in that - as the 43-year-old isn't now, either.
I've got my old Dodge P/U for that hauling stuff.

IMHO (and please realize that I KNOW it's just IMHO) the BGT looks like
a cute little station wagon. The GT-6, OTH, looks like a race car. After
all, the GT-6 has the same body as the famous LeMans Spitfires, except
it has a bigger engine and a *mean* looking bulge in the hood, a la the
E types. And it's a fun car to drive.

Somehow, I had never put "practicality" and "LBC" together.

I know, I know, another Triumph bigot heard from.

PS - I picked up my third and final Spitfire in my Deal Of The Century. This
car puts a whole new meaning on the term "parts car". It does have some good
parts, but every bit of sheet metal below the doors is gone! It does have
a factory steel hardtop, though. That'll be good for someone!

I've sole the Mk1, and I'm about to begin work on the Mk3. I have a hunch the
Mk2 will supply some parts to some folks.

PPS - Does anyone know how much it costs to ship a car from New Orleans to
England?

Thanks, and cheers!

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com