Re: Spitfire Overheating

To: Adam Buckley <ajb@oasis.icl.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Overheating
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 13:23:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 16 Jun 1994, Adam Buckley wrote:

[That fuel was vaporizing in his Spitfire after idling in traffic.]

I have the same problem with my frogeye, and would appreciate suggestions.
It begins to stumble, the idle speed drops, and I have to keep blipping
the throttle to keep it running.  Very annoying.

Data:  The engine is a stage IV 948 with the original carbs.  Later
manifold with the three stud mounting for the exhaust pipe, original heat
shield.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910