WAS SPITFIRE REFUB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: WAS SPITFIRE REFUB
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 09:10:00 -0400
John Trindle: HS2 carb chokes can stick in the
down position from a number a causes. The choke
linkage could be binding/bent, or worn. If worn
too bad, the return springs won't have enough
strength to pull the jet bodies back up. The
choke cable itself could be binding. I would
suggest that you disconnect the choke cable at
the carbs, disconnect the linkage between the
carbs and get each carb in turn to allow the
jet bodies to return to the proper position.
Perhaps the jet is binding in the jet bearing.
It couldn't hurt to take the jets out and make
sure everything is clean and smooth.

If all else fails, RTFM.

Your oil loss problem: 100/150 miles per quart...
you don't mention if it is lost from leaks or
blowing out the exhaust pipe. Obviously, loss
from leaks is what the car is supposed to do.
Loss from burning could be valve stem seals.

Curt Onstott: What fittings on your Midget are
BSF?

Rob Reilly: Thanks so much for your compendium on
Whitworth Screw Threads.

Gord Mummery: Try Mark at British Auto Salvage
716.986.3097 for the front valence for your '69
Tr6.

Marcus Tooze: I am pretty certain that the hard tops
are not *completely*  interchangeable between years.
But, I will come back at you with a phone number of
someone to call.

Alan Costich