Daimler Dart: the legend continues...

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Daimler Dart: the legend continues...
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 15:13:44 EST
 In the June 16 issue of _Old Cars Weekly_ is an article about the
 return of the Daimler (now SP290), a la MGRV8. Apparently the man who
 has been supplying bodies to restorers has now decided to manufacture
 a suitably updated version of the car. The SP290 refers to a 2.9L
 Ford V6 engine. Drivetrain is also somewhat more modern, and it is
 claimed that improvements in body design help to eliminate the
 annoying tendency of the original car to open its doors during
 hard cornering, due to chassis/body flex.

 Don't get me wrong -- I've always liked the SP250 (maybe it's the
 same reason I've always liked Heralds). I just wonder, though, if
 the 1994 world is ready for the return of a car that wasn't that
 well received 35 years ago!

 In other news, I just read that Land Rover tops all trucks in the
 latest J.D. Power customer satisfaction survey!

 There WILL always be an England....

 Andy Mace
 amace%sedofis@vm1.nysed.gov