RE Machine Shops/The Advent

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE Machine Shops/The Advent
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 21 Jun 1994 08:49:13 U
                      RE Machine Shops/The Adventure Has Begun

Pat Willems Writes:

> 1)  Can anyone recommend a machine shop in the
> Dallas/Fort Worth area?  I haven't noticed any
> people from the area but it is worth a shot.

I moved to Austin from Dallas about two years ago.  While
I was there I had work done at four different machine
shops.  One has closed, two I wouldn't recomment, but the
last one was Atwell which I thought did pretty good work.

The one that closed was supposedly moving out of Irving to
find a location with lower overhead.  The name was
Precision Crankshaft, and I thought they did real good
work.  If they've restarted operations they would be worth
checking out.  Ask if they're the same shop that was in
central Irving until about 2 1/2 years ago.  Otherwise,
Atwell will do okay.

                           Dave Lapham