racing costs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: racing costs
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 14:18:28 EDT
Fellow fiends:

Okay, yet even another question:

For those of you who take your lbc racing:  I am teetering on the edge of
wanting to get into some club racing and wonder about expenses.  Maybe this
is too much to ask in this e-mail medium but I am wondering of I can get
some estimates on a season's costs.  What I am curious about is not the
costs for the initial restoration/preparation of the car but the seasonal
expenses of racing it.  Assume that I am talking about either a
sprite/midget or a TVR 1800 (so both have BMC engines and gear boxes).  One
can spend as much as one has on the restoration and preparation, I suppose.
What does running it cost?  If this is too vague a question, if there are
just too many variables, then might I just inquire to the racers on the net
what *their* annual expenses are?  Roger?  Anyone else?

Will "Not one penny for tribute" Zehring