RE: British Cars Digest #1262 Tue Jun 21 01:15:03 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #1262 Tue Jun 21 01:15:03 MDT 1994
From: Ray James <rwj4123@sigma.tamu.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 94 07:50:17 PDT
>From: pbw@s468.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@s468))

>I have a few questions and then a lot of blather about finally starting
>on restoring my car.  The questions first:

>1)  Can anyone recommend a machine shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?
>    I haven't noticed any people from the area but it is worth a shot.
>2)  If not does anyone know of one within driving distance of DFW
 >   (2 - 4 hrs, maybe Austin)?

There is a nice little shop in College Station, Vilas Motor Works, (409)
775-1633, which is
owned and staffed by people with high interest in lbc (together they own
several (many?), one
counterman owns 3 Bs, one each red, white, blue).  (Their other interest is
Studebakers--one
member of staff owns 9 or 10). They also do good quality work (I don't know if
race quality, but I
consider them well above the average auto machine shop).  They did the machine
work on a
(gasp!) 350 cid chevy engine in  my suburban, and I've had good service out of
that car since,
excepting that rings in number 8 cylinder didn't seem to break in very well.

I recommend them; tell 'em I sent you.
Name: Ray W. James
E-mail: Ray James <rwj4123@sigma.tamu.edu>
Date: 06/20/94