Re: Introduction and tales of MGB woe (long)

To: Mark Williams <msw@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
Subject: Re: Introduction and tales of MGB woe (long)
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 14:43:01 PDT
Mark,
  Interesting story.  If you'd joined the list two weeks ago, you'd have
read my long story about a 65 B.  I was on the other end in that I bought
the car after the previous owner had: rebuilt the engine, swapped the rod caps,
and the car developed a familiar knocking noise.  I Re-rebuilt the motor,
and the car's doing just fine.
  From the sound of your letter, did you only replace the #1 bearing, and
reinstall the incorrect rod cap?  If this is the case, I strongly encourage
you to pull the crank, send it in, and also match and size all the rods to
their respective caps.

  I especially liked the part about ...adjusted the carbs...etc.

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)