TR6 problem areas

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 problem areas
From: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com (Douglas Mitchell)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 08:04:55 EDT
OK, I have decided to look at the TR6 that was advertised in the local
paper last week, and I need to check with the TR6 Gurus about trouble
spots on the '6 to look out for.

I am on the Digest, so responses to my e-mail address would be a great
help, as I am going to look at it tonight (6/22).

The owner tells me that it has some rust on the body, and mumbled
something about rust where suspension mounts. Any ideas? It is a '72,
and they are only asking $1000.

Doug Mitchell - Long time owner of Spitfire FM4879U

P.S. Any suggestions as to how to convince my wife that we really do need
2 Triumphs. (I tried the - One for you, and one for me. - She's not
supposed to drive a manual, so it didn't work.) Her most valid argument
is the lack of room for 4 cars and 2 boats.

Thanks, Doug