Black Oxide Coating

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: Black Oxide Coating
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 12:33:46 PDT
While I was at the garage that my friend rents to store his monster spit in,
the owner there (who restores must*ngs) Black Oxide plated bolts for his car's
firewall.  The kit he had was from Eastwood.
   First he dipped the fasteners into a margarine container filled with some
transparent light green solution.  After a while they turned black.  He pulled
them out and heated them with a heat gun.  That was it.
  I don't know about the durability, but I've had good luck with Eastwood
stuff.
  BTW, the monster spit is having the Webers 'professionally' tuned now,
so we'll see what happens!

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)