Scott and Don's most excellent family/anniversary trip

To: akgua!att!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Scott and Don's most excellent family/anniversary trip
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 23 Jun 94 14:25:00 GMT
Scott,
I didn't mean that I was going on your anniversary cruise.  I'm
bringing my wife and 2 daughters too !! :-)

Stacy, my 14 year old daughter, and I are getting up at 6:00 am
and packing the MGA for a day's trip over the back roads to
Helen, Georgia.  We're going to stop for breakfast in a country
cafe for a breakfast of grits, eggs, biscuits, and streak-o-lean.
(It's a Georgia term for salt pork that has been boiled to remove
the salt and then fried crisp.  Chlorestrol level = 4 million)
We're taking the cameras (Stacy is learning photography) and
we'll stop along the way for a mid morning snack of boiled
peanuts.  (It's a Georgia thang )

Helen is about 60 miles north of Atlanta.  The city fathers
realized the town was dying about 10 - 15 years ago so they
revamped the town by changing the architecture into a mountain
Swiss village.  It sits on a beautiful trout stream and turned
out pretty well. Our wicker picnic basket sits on the luggage
rack held on with two black leather belts.(size 46 from Wal-Mart)
We've got a picnic of fried chicken planned.  Stacy, the MG, the
the Georgia countryside......This is a great time of life.
Lindsey, my 16 year old, works as a life guard on Saturdays so
we're planning to skip church the a week from Sunday and do a
similar trip.  My wife, Jamey, and I are planning a week-ender
to Highlands, NC in the fall.

I still have to get the inside vinyl door panels on and restore
the set-in windows, and detail the engine compartment.  Cheers,

Don Mathis
Bell Labs
Norcross, Georgia