Cam profile recommendations

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam profile recommendations
From: truesdale@trues.wheaton.edu
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 09:58:27 -0500
Hey all you engine experts (and anyone else who can help)...

My son is in the midst of overhauling the engine from his '71 MGB; the
engine is a '67 (I think) - the car was restored from an almost-empty
shell before he bought it.

He wants to install a performance cam, and is looking for recommendations
for the cam profile.  Here are some related engine details:

        9 to 9.2 compression ratio
        1.5 ratio rocker arms
        45 Webber DCOE carb
        crank-fired ignition
        stock valve size
        ported head
        anti-reversion header (diameter/length to be determined)

Not surprisingly, he still wants to be able to pass emissions testing
(Illinois uses a no-load test).

He can supply other info if necessary.  Any advice or info will be
greatly appreciated!

Phil