Well, it's that time...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Well, it's that time...
From: sfisher@Corp.Megatest.COM (Scott Fisher)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 15:13:22 +0800
I've been wondering for some time when it would be time
to do this.

It's time.

Please remove sfisher@megatest.com from the list.

I'm not leaving the Net, and I'm not going away, but I
need to drop off the main British-cars mailing list for
the present.  Lots of reasons, actually nearly all of
them good and exciting and positive (the ones involving
working from 5 AM to midnight are still in question, and
in fact are the main reason I need to drop off the list).

But if things go the way I hope, I may be too caught up
to request all the necessary changes before mail starts
bouncing, so I've CC'ed the -request address to please
remove me from the list.  (I've also CC'ed the autox-request
at the same time; I hope it gets to the right people and
I don't cause huge discontinuities in that list as well.)

Most of you know where to find me for private mail as
required, or if someone on the Britcars list really
needs to know something trivial about MGBs or Latin or
T. S. Eliot.  And if I'm not here, I've got a personal
account on (oh nooooo!) America On Line.  Unfortunately,
I joined too late to be sfisher there, so I'm SEFisher,
which translates to an Internet address of SEFisher@AOL.com.
And I suspect I'll actually be sfisher@megatest.com for
a while yet; things probably won't really move as fast
as I hope, but I don't want to hang the list admins out
in case everything goes right within the next few days
instead of the next few weeks.  You can always CC my AOL
account on a question or a reply, or just on something you
think I'd enjoy (the Woad Warrior posting, for instance).

I also wanted to say a few things up front to all the people
on the list.  It's always meant a lot to me, when I had to
leave the Net two years ago for reasons not of my own choosing,
that so many of you talked about me and kept my articles and
made an effort to keep me in touch with what was going on.
I'll miss that, for all the reasons I covered in "Wonderful
Cars Beget Wonderful People."  And rather than just disappear
quietly (me? quiet? surely you jest!) I wanted to make it
clear that this -- well, stepping into the unknown was
the next step in a plan that's been taking shape (far too
slowly, but in small comfortable steps, like eating an
elephant with chopsticks) for several years.

When things settle, I suspect I'll rejoin the list at large
via the AOL account.  Again, if things go as well as I hope,
I will probably have substantially less time to fiddle with
the Net, but that's the price we pay to do what we want.  And
I'm still planning to do the Day Before The Britcars Day tour
in September, the Saturday after Labor Day.  Write to me at
the AOL address or give me a call or check with any of the
usual suspects to see how to reach me.

Meanwhile, look for my books, and in time you might find a
couple of interactive CD-ROMs as well...

Safety Fast!

--Scott Fisher