Re: Improvements to an MGB

To: sol <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Improvements to an MGB
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 00:19:21 -0400 (EDT)

> Can anyone shed some light on the following topics:
>    - replacing the Lucas alternator with an American manf. unit

Possible, but why? The only reason I can think of is you need more than
36 amps output, and don't want to spring for a 25ACR.

>    - using a 5 speed transmission from ?? car. what is involved, etc.

The easy way is to snarf an overdrive MGB box. Converting to any other
box would require massive amounts of machining and fabrication.

>    - replacing the SUs with fuel injection. Is this possible?

 Very possible. But the siamesed ports of the stock B head will require
the use of TBI. Or... you could use one of those fabled eight-port heads
and *real* injection (port). In my book, nothing beats a pair of HIF44's
(formerly called HIF6) on a street B.

   Randy