Re: black oxide plating

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: black oxide plating
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 94 21:04:20 EDT
I always thought that the TC used black oxided bolts and nuts.  Now mr. Bill
Phy who was the personal mechanic of a 1946 TC from just after delivery from
the factory tells me that no, the TC hardware had
no plating at all.  Some of the bolts and nuts got painted over in the build
process but the rest were plateless.....perhaps Chip Old would comment.

Bill had called me with a question on the plating applied to the Adjustable
King Dick spanner that came in the tool kit of TA's and
TB's.   I found mine at a swap meet and of course it was plateless at that
time.   Does anyone know?

Mr. Phy, BTW, holds most of the patents on the headers that hold the silicon
chips in your computer....he is a pretty good Mustang (as in Airplane)
mechanic too!!
cheers
T A Terry