More on Motorhead, Ltd Prices

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Motorhead, Ltd Prices
From: jfriday@netcom.com (Kristina Ament)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 1994 19:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
I'm a little behind on reading the list so this is a few days late.  I
saw some of the discussion involving Motorhead, and in particular the
view that its parts prices are high.  I have used Motorhead
extensively  for service on my Sunbeam Alpine, but not for parts, because
they don't carry Sunbeam.  I have, however, seen signs posted around the
parts room that indicate that Motorhead will match any other catelog
price on any part of similar quality.  It also offers a substantial
restoration discount.  You simply make an up front payment of a certain
amount, and you receive that amount plus some bonus in parts.  For those
who deal with Motorhead only through the mail, you should realize that it
is not just a small garage with a room full of parts.  Its part museum
(several Morgans in various states of restorate are in the showroom and
old advertising for virtually every british sports car made hangs on the
walls), part hang-out (there's usually a few beers in the frig), and
full-time support for about 13 people, including
several of the most helpful and understanding mechanics I've ever come
across.  Even if you aren't willing to pay a little more to support a
British Car treasure, you may as well give it try if they're going to match
your best price anyway.  Steve Semeraro (using friend's account)