Fuel Inj. on an MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Inj. on an MGB
From: Mr.J.C.Bullas@H.trl.co.uk
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 10:51:38 BST
Since a lot of people in the UK tend to find the "i" version of their
carburretted model and rip the injection unit pump throttle bodies (+ WHY)
off the "i" and put it on their own vehicle, is there not a car around using
the (is it O or B) series engine with f.i.

I know mostly about A series lumps (cos Minis av em) do entry level MGBs
use A series? if so the latest Mins use a Weber single point injection system.

Weber in the UK do a f.i. kit for just about anything along with mapped
ignition systems. I know Demon Tweaks in Cheshire UK market the kits or
contact Malpassi Concessionaires in Reading Berkshire(Weber MO distributors)
or try Burlen Fuel Systems (in Salisbury? Wiltshire).

F.i. interests me but the thought of fuel at 60psi pumping around and MORE
electrics to go wrong and airflow gauges with hot wires etc means I'm happy
with my single 1 3/4 HIF6 (STG35 with manifold from the breakers), why not fit
2/3 of them? Or I'll post you a ROVER SDI V8 with injection if I can find a
big enough envelope (and you can weld!) !

I hear voices in my garage, they tell me what to do!

Mini owners do it with other peoples parts.