Spilt brake fluid catastrophe!!!!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spilt brake fluid catastrophe!!!!
From: Mr.J.C.Bullas@H.trl.co.uk
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 08:55:33 BST
Since brake fuid appears to absorb water, maybe hosing the boot down is a good
trick, I've always used silicon fluid cos of this (or not cos of this), it
lasts forever (non hygroscopic) , doesn't boil so easy and tastes real nice
(in comparison to bog standard DOT5 stuff)

BUT I pay 20 pounds for a litre of the stuff (1/2 litre of which has just
blown out of a hidden failed brake cylinder inside one of the rear drums)

I believe more car fires in the UK get out of hand because of brake fluid
combustion than petrol (that catches later)

Any more comments on faffing, bodging (also SE UK sexual term), mullering or
phrases like "F*** it, that'll do!", "thats 'andy 'arry", or "Ecto-perfecto"
used routinely in my neck of the woods.

"The intermediate vector boson is absorbed by duct tape" minute circulated by
CERN in 1994 (not!) (re Mr Pelletiers Star Wars reference)

Is anyone aware of the animals.fetish.hamster.duct-tape newsgroup, transgress
many boundaries and get CNN, SPCA and 3M chasing you? (no personal experience
of this-JCB)