American Alternator for MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: American Alternator for MGB
From: "cedwards@pinn.net" <cedwards@pinn.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 10:26:48 -0500 (EST)
Glenn Mapes asked if an American alternator can be adapted to an MGB.
I have installed a Bosch alternator from a Ford Fiesta in my MGB.
Actually, it's a Bosch look-alike.  I got it from BAP-GEON for a Ford
Fiesta and the mounting points are identical to a Lucas alternator.
There are, however, two items which may need adaptation: the wiring
connector and the pulley.  The wiring connector is readily available from
any MGB mail order house.  I use Seven Enterprises in Newport News.

        The pulley can be adapted from an American press-on.  Just go to
an alternator repair shop and mix/match until you come up with one that
works.

Charles E. Edwards, CPA
Virginia Beach, VA
cedwards@pinn.net