Alpine engine unreliable? -- NOT!

To: british-cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alpine engine unreliable? -- NOT!
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 08:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
Dick Nyquist wrote (regarding the Sunbeam Alpine):

>  ...with an engine that was weak and unreliable...

and

> ...the few that remain are seldom driven...

I must disagree!  I have owned a Series I Alpine for more than 5 years,
and after I initially got it put together (from basket case) it has
given me little problem and has never left me stranded yet (sound of
my hand knocking on wood).  This car is my daily driver (as anyone who
has *seen* it can attest! :-)).  In fact, I havent had to repair anything
except for the generator bearing, tune-up parts, and brake pads in the
last several years.  Of course, YMMV!

* Kevin Meek    kevnmeek@netcom.com    Santa Cruz, CA *