GT6 wheel studs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 wheel studs
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 94 9:58:04 PDT
Michel had asked about replacing his GT6 wheel studs whith bolts:

Michel,
the wheelstuds are at least grade 8. They have a nurled shoulder that
presses into the hub to retain them and to prevent them fron rotating
when you put the lug nuts on. Under normal use these are more then
strong enough. If it were my car I would simply replace any damaged
ones with stock ones. On my racecar (GT6) I have replaced the original
3/8 studs with 7/16 studs with the same nurl. I think they may have
been the same as TR4/TR6 studs. These are pretty standard and you should
be able to get them at most good auto supply stores. Switching sizes means
that I had to get several new sets of lug nuts to fit the various wheels
I run.

If your Gt6 is a Plus model you have to do a little fiddling to get the
new studs into the rear hubs without disassembling the hub from the
carrier.

/Dick N