Spitfire Servicing in Houston

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Servicing in Houston
From: gapartyka@amoco.com (Greg Partyka)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 94 12:27:29 CDT
I have just rejoined this news group after a 1.5 year absence. I own a 1977
Triumph Spitfire that is in excellent condition; it's my daily driver. Can
anyone recommend a good service/repair/parts shops in Houston, Texas? The car is
running and has run very well since being rebuilt 2 years ago. If a problem does
arise, I would like to be able to take it to a shop that will do good work.

I originally bought the car through a good friend, Rick Lindsay in Tulsa, OK.
It had experienced an engine fire and had required major work. The engine
block and body were in excellent condition, but major components such as the
electrical system, ignition, carburator, etc... needed replacement.  Rick spent
a couple of months putting it together for me. After two months, a new Webber
carb, Allison ignition, etc...., a lot of love and attention, and a spin around
the neighborhood, I drove it from Tulsa, OK to Calgary, Canada. It not only
made it to Canada, but it's been running without a problem ever since.

I am now living in Houston where the weather is much more conducive to having
the top down all the time.

Greg Partyka

P.S. Are ther any Triumph clubs in Houston?