Mike's new Spit

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mike's new Spit
From: "beth stearns" <bstearns@meudon.asd.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 10:57:18 -0700
From: msharp@Synopsys.COM (Michael Sharp)
>Well, now I'm 3000 miles away (Bay Area) and the proud new owner of
>a '77 Spitfire w/~40Kmiles on the clock.  I purchased it from John &
>Beth Stearns (Beth is/was on this list somewhere).  From what I've seen
>of the plugs (heavy carbon) and various receipts its been used regularly
>for short drives at low RPM all its life.  Everything is still mechanicly
>excellent but its cosmeticly rough -- rough enough for me to initially wonder
>about the mileage.

C'mon, Mike.  I drove it on short trips almost every day for 17 years--it
really and truly has only 40k on it! The long trips I do on my bicycles, which
together have many more miles on them than the cars. And John never let me rev
it over 3000 rpm, either.  (Tho every once and awhile I took it to 3500.)

Beth