Phil Searle, Spit Hubs, Selling Tigers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Phil Searle, Spit Hubs, Selling Tigers
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 16:32:39 +0000 ()
Phil,
It could be your coil that's causing the odd behavior, or it could be that
the line into the distributor, isolated in plastic usually, is grounding
out somewhere. Check your point gap and look for any signs of overheating
in the dizzy.
--------------
Pulling a Spitfire hub CAN be done if, as Bruce Cockburn says, you have a
rocket launcher. Other than that I can't think of anything that would do
it. I had mine in a two ton press and the buggers held fast !!  It's a
tough point on the Spitfire.
---------------
Mark,

As for seeling the Tiger, don't do what what brother in law is doing and
let the poor beast rot, because "one day" you'll restore it.
However, if you store it properly and resign yourself to not driving it
you could wait for your family situation to change. Depending on your age
the kids will grow up and you'll have time again to work on it, drive it
and such.

No matter what if you sell it you will always have a sore heart when you
see one.

----------------

The TR3A with the wiring problem could have cooked the controlbox. It's a
hard story to guess from, wiring is so odd with POs. HOWEVER, as you know
hat you have a wiring problem I would recommend that you disconnect the
ground at the battery when you're away from home. I have a switch to do
this on all my cars and it's a handy anti-theft device too, with the
battery locked in the trunk.

Cheers all,
Christopher
triumph@io.org