HIF44's (AKA HIF6's)

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIF44's (AKA HIF6's)
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 27 Jun 1994 16:42:25 U
                      HIF44's  (AKA HIF6's)
Randy Wilson says:

> In my book, nothing beats a pair of HIF44's
> (formerly called HIF6) on a street B.

Okay, but what makes the HIF44 or HIF6 or whatever so
good?  Why is it better than a HS6 or HD6?  I'm not
being smart, just the opposite, and enquiring minds
want to know.  I don't need (and hopefully it doesn't
require) a lengthy explanation, I'm easily persuaded
by indisputable facts.

Then, assuming that they are indeed superior, what
types of cars, if any, came with these carbs.  (Real
Question:  can I find used ones, and where or from
what type of donor vehicle?)

Dave L.     --    HEALEY@OAKHILL.mot.sps.com