Engine stands for 1500s

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Engine stands for 1500s
From: RETURN <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 14:14:17 -0700 (MST)
I just bought a new engine stand for the bargin price of $50.  It is very
heavy duty but......I will use grade 8 bolts to bolt the engine to the
4 places on the stand, but will the place where the these bolts go into
the engine i.e., 4 of the bell housing bolt holes not break??  They not only
have to suport the weight of the engine, but also the forces I generate
when building the engine and torquing down bolts.

I'm sure many engine builders use these, but the 4 bolt holes and the
surrounding metal looks alittle on the thin/weak side to hold the engine
whilst I work on it.

Cheers Dennis