Re: Engine stands for 1500s

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine stands for 1500s
From: pbw@s468.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@s468))
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 07:27:13 CDT
Dennis,
I am not sure of what engine you are talking about but for my 1296
in my '72 Spit, I removed the back plate on the engine block (where the
bell housing attaches) and used four Grade 8 5/16 UNF bolts to attach
the block to my engine stand.  The bolts went through the arms of the
stand and threaded into the block.  That way I don't have to worry
about the back plate being able to take all of the weight and assembly
loads.  Don't know if this applies but hope it helps.
                               Regards,
                               Pat Willems
                               '72 Spit Mk IV
                               pbw@s468.dseg.ti.com