Fixed suspension, now car won't start

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fixed suspension, now car won't start
From: Dave Chu <davec@ECE.concordia.CA>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 18:37:49 -0400
Thanks to all for advise on how to remove ball joints.  I changed
all the bushings, the two ball joints and trunions on my Spitfire.
I was looking forward driving it to see the improvments in handling
and ride.  But the car would not start, after a few attempts it did
start but the engine would cut out as soon as I touch the throttle.
The car did this for 4 or 5 time and now it just won't start.

I think the problem is the that cursed choke which gave me nothing but
grief since the day I laid my eyes on it.  I thought I have solved the
choke problem when I coverted to manual.  Looks like I'll have to
disassemble and clean it again, especially the tiny holes which I
neglected to do when I rebuild the carb. last year.

I know in my rational mind that the suspension has nothing to do with the
engine.  But one has to wonder why a car that was working fine stops
running after the suspension was serviced.  Is there a LBC law of direct
proportion which states that whatever one fixes on ones LBC, something of
equal or more importance will stop working to preserve the cosmic balance.

Dave                                      |\ |     | |
  Dave Kai-Chui Chu          \/  \/       | /|     | |        |    |    |
  Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Eng.             |/ |     | |        |--  |    |--
  Concordia University               Voice:(514)848-3115      |___ |___ |___
  1455 de Maisonneuve W. H915        Fax:  (514)848-2802
  Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1M8   Email:davec@ece.concordia.ca