HIF on a MINI and Rob's 1098

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: HIF on a MINI and Rob's 1098
From: "James Fuerstenberg" <jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 09:03:42 cdt
     one of my fellow vintage mini racers or racer of a vintage mini runs a
     single HIF44 on his race car.  The combination works quite well...a
     friend and I helped him tune it at the mini-sprite challenge last
     year...he just had it too lean.

     re: Rob's problem with fuel gushing out of SU on his 1098 mini...make
     sure you have the correct float height.  If it is too high, the
     problem you describe could happen.  Also make sure that the float
     needle and seat are not in need of replacement. If they are, I have
     had good luck with grose jets.

     Jim