Deceleration By-Pass valve

To: sol@us.oracle.com
Subject: Deceleration By-Pass valve
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 13:24:02 PDT
Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.infi.net> sez:

   Turn the adjuster about five turns counter clock. Set up the rest of the
   carb adjustments; mixture, idle, balance. Now do one decel valve at a time.
   Turn the adjuster clockwise until the idle starts to rise. Then turn it...

Wish I could.  WHAT adjuster!?  The pictures and diagrams all show an
adjusting screw on the outside; alas, mine are blocked off and can only be
adjusted by disassembly.  Makes it *real* hard to tune while the car's
running.  mutter mutter...    Do the new ones you can buy have an external
adjusting screw?

   Blocking them off is easy, you just make a blank gasket.

Um, couldn't I just adjust the hell out of it till it didn't open at all?
In CA we have to think about nosy emissions inspectors and everything...

--ian